Ran into this once before...I don't think there is anything "wrong" with the 
arrangement because you can always close the two system control valves to 
service, but I believe backflow assemblies are listed as assemblies and if the 
discharge side control valve is not installed it seems as though it would void 
the listing.


Reed A. Roisum, C.E.T. | Karges-Faulconbridge, Inc. | Fire Protection Designer 
| Fargo, ND | direct: 701.552.9903 | mobile: 701.388.1352 | 
http://www.kfiengineers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Todd 
Williams
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 9:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Valves on BFP

I'm on the road and don't have all my code stuff so I would appreciate a little 
help. I am looking at an existing riser with the following sequence of 
material: OS&Y, backflow preventer, Tee to FDC, then to 2 risers, each with 
control valve and alarm valve. There is no valve on the discharge of the BFP 
other than the aforementioned butterfly valves. Is that acceptable? It doesn't 
seems right but don't have any specific reference.

Todd G Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, CT
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com 
______________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to