I think it depends on how old the BFP is.  Back in the mid 80's when we
first began to install these, we could buy them without valves and install
them as mentioned.  At that time, there was no issue with the listing (as
much as I can remember that far back!)

Cliff Whitfield, SET
President
Fire Design, Inc.
Ph: 719-488-3479
 


[email protected]
www.fire-design.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steve
Leyton
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:38 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Valves on BFP

Zachary. Unless it was furnished by the manufacturer less valves. But my
understanding is they can't do that because there's no way to test it
according to the USC method for certification.

Steve

John Denhardt <[email protected]> wrote:

With no control vale on the discharge of the backflow, my guess is that
this voids the BFP listing.

John

John August Denhardt, P.E., FSFPE
Strickland Fire Protection Incorporated
5113 Berwyn Road
College Park, Maryland 20740
Office Telephone Number:  301-474-1136
Mobile Telephone Number:  301-343-1457
FIRE SPRINKLERS SAVE LIVES - Can you live without them?


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Todd
Williams
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Valves on BFP

I'm on the road and don't have all my code stuff so I would appreciate a
little help. I am looking at an existing riser with the following sequence
of material: OS&Y, backflow preventer, Tee to FDC, then to 2 risers, each
with control valve and alarm valve. There is no valve on the discharge of
the BFP other than the aforementioned butterfly valves. Is that
acceptable? It doesn't seems right but don't have any specific reference.

Todd G Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, CT
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.o
rg
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.o
rg

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to