From: sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of
craig.pr...@ch2m.com
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 2:33 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: 1978 NFPA 13 question

I'm looking for the definition of what was covered by an Ordinary Hazard
Group 3 classification based on the 1978 NFPA 13.

I have a warehouse designed at .26/4000 with 600 gpm hose stream allowance,
Ordinary Hazard Group 3.  It was a preaction system with area heat
detection.  (non-heated whse).

Trying to figure out what the EOR was basing the design on as far as
anticipated type of storage.

25 ft high piled (no racks), 35 ft high ceiling.

Craig L. Prahl, CET
Fire Protection Group Lead
CH2MHILL
Lockwood Greene