From: Travis Mack <tm...@mfpdesign.com>
To: sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Sent: Tue, Apr 22, 2014 11:04 am
Subject: Re: NFPA-13R or NFPA-13?

Agree as well.  I am no IBC expert, but I do know a couple instances
where the architect can take an allowance and it drives the system to
903.3.1.1 instead of 903.3.1.2 of the IBC.  I always check these on all
projects where 13R may be applicable.  If I find what I feel is an
error, I will call the architect and point out my concerns.  I can't
tell you how many times the architectural firms say they were unaware of
the difference in those two sections.

My first check is to always go with the code study analysis and then if
it doesn't make sense, I throw it back to the architect and make them do
the final determination.

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
2508 E Lodgepole Drive