I had an engineer say we don’t need to know the water supply data at the street in order to size the pump. Not saying your specifying engineer was wrong but I'd want a little more confirmation of validity before making an “all hereafter” decision on anything I wasn’t familiar with.
Roland Huggins, PE - VP Engineering American Fire Sprinkler Assn. --- Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives Dallas, TX http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/> > On Apr 15, 2015, at 7:57 AM, Dewayne Martinez > <[email protected]> wrote: > > Brian, > You would need it on both systems per NFPA I believe. The same heat that > will activate the heads in the racking will activate the protectowire. I > have had one job where the engineer specified ceiling only protectowire > which was used for both systems and the AHJ was fine with it. > Dewayne > > -----Original Message----- _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
