I’m hearing jurisdictions saying that the antifreeze ban does not apply to
them.  It is my understanding that NFPA intended for the new requirements to
apply regardless of what standard is in effect.

DO NOT INSTALL NEW ANTIFREEZE SYSTEMS AT THIS TIME.

Wait for the listed solution - but don’t hold your breath.  Protect yourself
and protect your company.  The liability is too great to accept.  There are
other options out there - dry pipe, preaction, wet in a heated insulated attic,
construct the attic out of noncombustible, limited combustible, or fire treated
wood.  If you proceed with the antifreeze installation knowing or not knowing
this hazard, you’ll have nothing to stand on in court. Many will testify
against you. I’m not an attorney, but if you proceed with that known hazard, it
could be processed a criminal matter. This is not worth ending up in the clink.

Tom Wellen