I can see a single 2-1/2 so the trucks don't have to carry addition stuff, but
multiple makes no sense.

via Newton Mail
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pi&cv=9.1.21&pv=10.0.2&source=email_footer_2]
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Steve Leyton <st...@protectiondesign.com>
wrote:
Okay … warning to all y’all: I’ve only had one coffee and not entirely lucid
yet so the following analogy may seem far-fetched. You know how when we were
young and thought our parents thought and said crazy stuff? But as we get older
we starting thinking and saying the EXACT SAME STUFF? Well, let’s think of
industry as the kids and our AHJ’s as the parents – I find myself thinking like
an AHJ all the time now. So a two way FDC is overkill? Hydraulically it may
well be but are we quite sure that the property management company or HOA is
going to diligently inspect and maintain the FDC inlet? Bugs, birds, plants,
little kids stuffing things into it and what-not?? No, we’re not sure which is
one of the principal reasons why having multiple inlets on ANY connection is a
good idea, in case one is damaged or encumbered.

The wet-pipe committees undertook an FDC task group between cycles to determine
how much water can actually be pumped into multiple 2½” inlets. Coming out of
that, we’re working mod’s to the prescription for how many inlets should be
installed based on demand. Stay tuned for more and try to see the bigger
picture.

Steve L.