From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> on behalf of Prahl, Craig/GVL <craig.pr...@ch2m.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 11:52:01 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Vertical Opening [EXTERNAL]

Is this like an atrium?

What's the occupancy?

Any fire rating of floor/ceiling between levels?

Craig Prahl | JACOBS | Fire Protection | Greenville SC | 864.676.5252 | craig.pr...@ch2m.com | www.jacobs.com<http://www.jacobs.com>

Quoting JD Gamble <jgam...@lssofsheridan.com>:

I have a situation where we have 900sq.ft. vertical opening
communicating between two floors where a draft stop is not a viable
solution due to head room clearance.  The design team isn't sure if or
how to protect it?  Thoughts? Options?

It's a Light Hazard - Ord Hazard occ.  The idea of "Barn Door" style
sliding doors is being proposed but my fear is these things being left
open in a fire situation.

I thought there was some direction in the 101 about communicating
spaces, but not sure.  We do not recognize the 101 at the AHL level
but I think I could offer it as guidance .

Life Safety Solutions of Sheridan

JD Gamble
jgam...@lssofsheridan.com<mailto:jgam...@lssofsheridan.com>
(307) 763-3361

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.