From: Ken Wagoner <k...@parsleyconsulting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2023 4:05 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Air venting

Caution: This email originated from outside your organization. Please take care
when clicking links or opening attachments.

Matt,

I feel it's worth mentioning that on two floors of the building, the only
metallic pipe is ± 25' of Schedule 10, and then in transitions to CPVC.

When I expressed the need for venting on those floors, the response was similar
to "Nobody else makes us do that!"

I still believe that a means to vent that short segment of steel should be
provided.  Absent any code/standard guidance to the contrary I'm maintaining
that position.

sincerely,
Ken Wagoner, SET
Parsley Consulting
500 West Mechanic Street
Harrisonville, Missouri 64701-2235
Phone: (760) 745-6181
Visit the
website<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.parsleyconsulting.com%2f&c=E,1,Y5zKJKPEh1mBEBqSR-VE9cUKl5y-eyP8BpvmE_5j9ZqW2eJbNphYzrCMBZ-2YuX6d-RRkHI4gQ1FV-cvOeCfRC58uZS9NiToZv2mx7909oCqLvCW_n5hDHeK&typo=1>
On 10/10/2023 5:58 AM,