Just installed Spyder.

 2.7 appears to run OK. Tried to run spyder3 and there is only a flash of
the logo on the screen. When I try to launch from the command line I get
this response:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/spyder3", line 3, in <module>
    start_app.main()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/start_app.py", line 114,
in main
    from spyderlib import spyder
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/spyder.py", line 155, in
<module>
    from spyderlib.utils.environ import WinUserEnvDialog
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/utils/environ.py", line
17, in <module>
    from spyderlib.widgets.dicteditor import DictEditor
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/widgets/dicteditor.py",
line 39, in <module>
    from spyderlib.widgets.dicteditorutils import (sort_against, get_size,
  File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/widgets/dicteditorutils.py", line
78, in <module>
    import bs4
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/__init__.py", line 30, in
<module>
    from .builder import builder_registry, ParserRejectedMarkup
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/builder/__init__.py", line 314,
in <module>
    from . import _html5lib
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/builder/_html5lib.py", line 70,
in <module>
    class TreeBuilderForHtml5lib(html5lib.treebuilders._base.TreeBuilder):
AttributeError: module 'html5lib.treebuilders' has no attribute '_base'

System is Mint 18.1 Serena 64bit

I tried changing the command in the desktop launcher by adding a "3" to the
"spyder" command. No luck.

Not sure what else is needed here to help define the problem. Can access
lots of system help if needed.

Thanks for reading this.