Hi,

Please use pip or Anaconda to install Spyder. We don't support old versions anymore.

Cheers,
Carlos

El 06/08/17 a las 12:54, baileyrs...@gmail.com escribió:
Just installed Spyder.

2.7 appears to run OK. Tried to run spyder3 and there is only a flash of the logo on the screen. When I try to launch from the command line I get this response:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/spyder3", line 3, in <module>
    start_app.main()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/start_app.py", line 114, in main
    from spyderlib import spyder
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/spyder.py", line 155, in <module>
    from spyderlib.utils.environ import WinUserEnvDialog
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/utils/environ.py", line 17, in <module>
    from spyderlib.widgets.dicteditor import DictEditor
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/widgets/dicteditor.py", line 39, in <module>
    from spyderlib.widgets.dicteditorutils import (sort_against, get_size,
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/spyderlib/widgets/dicteditorutils.py", line 78, in <module>
    import bs4
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    from .builder import builder_registry, ParserRejectedMarkup
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/builder/__init__.py", line 314, in <module>
    from . import _html5lib
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/builder/_html5lib.py", line 70, in <module>
    class TreeBuilderForHtml5lib(html5lib.treebuilders._base.TreeBuilder):
AttributeError: module 'html5lib.treebuilders' has no attribute '_base'

System is Mint 18.1 Serena 64bit

I tried changing the command in the desktop launcher by adding a "3" to the "spyder" command. No luck.

Not sure what else is needed here to help define the problem. Can access lots of system help if needed.

Thanks for reading this.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "spyder" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spyderlib+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:spyderlib+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to spyderlib@googlegroups.com <mailto:spyderlib@googlegroups.com>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/spyderlib.