Hi again,

Glad that new feature could be useful for you on your transition from R to
Python! Regarding an automatic refresh, checking the original issue, I
think that was discussed and requested at some point but discarted due to
the way the variable editors work, making the implementation of such a
feature something that could affect memory performance. For more details on
the reasoning behind only adding a button to manually trigger the variable
editors update you can check this comment
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/6325#issuecomment-1472388650>

Also, although it is just an alpha, Spyder 6.0.0alpha3 was recently
released and it includes this manual refresh button feature is you want to
give it a try: Release Spyder 6.0.0a3 路 spyder-ide/spyder (github.com)
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases/tag/v6.0.0a3>

Best regards and Happy Holidays,

Daniel

El martes, 19 de diciembre de 2023 a las 22:44:43 UTC-5, Jeffrey T escribi贸: