Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for the feedback! Indeed that is something that has been worked
on. In fact for Spyder 6 a refresh button for all the variable editors will
be available. For more info you can check the pull request where that
functionality was implemented:  PR: Add Refresh button to editors from
Variable Explorer by jitseniesen · Pull Request #21312 · spyder-ide/spyder
(github.com) <https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/pull/21312>

Best regards,

Daniel