> > I'm new to sqlite but as far as I can tell it does not support ALTER
TABLE
> > command. I could find that useful in future versions.
>
> That's right.
> ALTER TABLE would be very helpful.
> Are there any reasons it is not implemented yet ?

What do you mean by "ALTER TABLE"?  The ability to add new columns or
constraints?  That can be implemented by renaming the original table,
creating a new table with the new structure, then importing the contents of
the original table into the new one.

In fact, with the exception of adding a new column to the *end*, this is
precisely how MS SQL 2000 implements adding a new column to a table.