>Not true at all.  In fact, from experience, the Linux OS is
>>much more full of holes than Windows.  It appears most hate

Linux OS is the kernel, the rest is third party. The kernel 2.6.10 is
now the latest, that means there were 10 upgrades last three (four ?) years in
the serie 2.6.x. And not all of them were security issues.

Windows OS, is a huge complex of binaries and libraries, even the
Internet Explorer is a part of the OS, as Microsoft stated many times
before court. (what does that tell us about the OS-design, if a webbrowser is
an unremovable and essential part of the OS)
There were many. many security upgrades, even after they promised they were
going secure from now on in 2002, they had many new holes.

It makes no sense counting security holes in third party software, because
that is not the responsibility of the OS-vendor.

Normally don't do Microsoft bashing, but I could not resist this time.
Bert Verhees