On 2 Feb 2017, at 4:22pm, Stephen Chrzanowski <pontia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But, in my preplanning, scenario development and brain storming, the above
> paragraph is going to destroy my machine doing a [ select * from CmdLine
> where upper(CmdEntered) =upper('SomeText') ] every time I read a new line
> from a new log file to verify if the entry has been made.

Wait wait wait.  I type duplicate commands all the time.

When you create your text log does it not have a timestamp on every line ?  If
not, can you make it do so ?  Then all you have to do is check whether the
timestamp matches a column of the table.  Should be a fixed-length or delimited
field, easy to isolate.

Simon.