On 9 May 2017, at 7:23am, Gwendal Roué <gwendal.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a reminder, I intend to use the authorisation system in order to tell if a
> statement has an opportunity to impact on another statement, as a support for
> a general database observation feature.

I’ve read your proposed mechanism.  Providing support for all those callbacks
looks like it would considerably slow down SQLite.

How are you going to handle TRIGGERs ?  The authoriser analyses each statement
individually.  It will not tell you everything that’s in the TRIGGER until it
decides to execute those statements.

I don’t think the authorisation system can be efficiently used in this way.  If
you’re analysing statements speculatively you’ll get more information out of
EXPLAIN.

Simon.