> On Sep 7, 2017, at 2:47 PM, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:
>
> Again, this is a detection for changed data and does nothing to prevent
> changes being made.

The OP did not require that it be impossible to make changes (which is clearly
impossible without locking down write access to the file.) He specifically said
that detection of changed data was OK:

>> For security reasons, a customer wants to be sure that a database line
>> cannot be modified after its initial insertion (or unmodified without being
>> visible, with proof that the line has been modified).

The procedures I described provide detection that a row has been modified.  The
first one doesn't make it evident that a row has been deleted, though the
second one does.

—Jens