> On Sep 7, 2017, at 10:06 AM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
> In that case any solution implemented entirely within SQLite is insecure
> because the admins can simply replace the entire file.  Or use a hex editor
> to replace the checksum values.  In cases like this the security the OP is
> asking for has to be built in at the OS level.

No, there are plenty of high level ways of tamper-proofing files. See my
initial response.

(For example, Apple and Google use digital signatures to tamper-proof
applications distributed through their app stores. Any modification to the app
binary invalidates the signature, and the device will refuse to install or
launch it.)

—Jens