From https://www.sqlite.org/partialindex.html
<https://www.sqlite.org/partialindex.html> :

> The WHERE clause may not contain subqueries, references to other tables,
> non-deterministic functions, or bound parameters. The LIKE, GLOB, MATCH, and
> REGEXP operators in SQLite are implemented as functions by the same name.
> Since functions are prohibited in the WHERE clause of a CREATE INDEX
> statement, so too are the LIKE, GLOB, MATCH, and REGEXP operators.

I believe the last sentence is false. The first sentence includes the qualifier
“non-deterministic”, which was probably inserted when deterministic functions
were introduced. But that invalidates the last sentence, since all the
functions listed are deterministic.

(If the last sentence is deleted, then of course the second sentence becomes
pointless and should be deleted too.)

—Jens