Hello,

On 2017-12-06 19:07, R Smith wrote:
You mean make SQLite less Lite, but with Zero computational advantage, by simply adding syntactic sugar bloat? - I'm going to have to vote No on that. (Luckily my vote counts extremely little.)

I think the reason SQLite never implemented it is precisely because of the fact that it simply amounts to syntactic specialization and no real computational advantage. That said, I'm not against adding those joins, just perhaps implemented in a most-efficient way rather than a simple transcription of my lazy-code. (Unless of course that ends up being the most efficient way to do it.)
I'm all with you. You have taken my words. CROSS OUTER joins as simple UNION of both joins are (or can be) very inefficient, especially when a number of widow records is relatively small (as compared to a number of all records) -- this results in two, long running joins, one of which goes to a vacuum. I can see real, however negative, computational advantage. Although that way is a very good academic illustration of OUTER joins.

-- best regards

Cezary H. Noweta