On 06-01-18 10:44, x wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> While I’m now on board as to what a NULL is I’m still a bit puzzled by the
> query planner.
>
> Explain query plan select ID from Tbl where ID is null order by ID;
>
> returns
>
> SCAN TABLE Tbl USING COVERING INDEX ...

I do see different things:
sqlite> .version
SQLite 3.21.0 2017-10-24 18:55:49
1a584e499906b5c87ec7d43d4abce641fdf017c42125b083109bc77c4de4alt2
sqlite> .schema tbl
CREATE TABLE tbl (id integer primary key not null);
sqlite> select count(*) from tbl;
count(*)
8388608
sqlite> Explain query plan select ID from Tbl where ID is null order by ID;
selectid|order|from|detail
0|0|0|SCAN TABLE Tbl
sqlite>

> It doesn’t even use the ID pk despite the fact it’s the requested order by??
That is explained by Cezary, if the explanation was unclear answer to
his post...