>sqlite> Explain query plan select ID from Tbl where ID is null order by ID;
>selectid|order|from|detail
>0|0|0|SCAN TABLE Tbl

Luuk, I’m also using 3.21. Presumably if you give your Tbl a secondary index
XXX then the explain query plan will match mine (SCAN TABLE Tbl USING COVERING
INDEX XXX). Your example muddies the water further though. Why is it scanning
an entire table when it could scan the pk?

>> It doesn’t even use the ID pk despite the fact it’s the requested order by??
>That is explained by Cezary, if the explanation was unclear answer to his
>post...

I wasn’t specifically replying to your post, I just clicked reply to the latest
reply. I don’t see where Cezary explains it though.