The answer:

I remember : I have 256 databases.
I have an array of 256 columns into which I store the number of record
created. When I insert a record into a table, the corresponding entry into
this array is incremented by one. When this element is equal to 1000 I
commit the transaction. Not all the the parts of the array are filled at the
same time, In that case the memory used grows. I had forgotten to commit
many transaction for which the values into the array was less than 1000. Now
rather than using 2Gb I only needs less than 1Gb wich is which is partially
released. It will be released when the tables will be closed.

hereis the code to see what I am writing :

<http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/file/t9046/t2ylpbjbwo27yes6g.jpg>

My last test for inserting 10 000 000  passwords was good for me. I made it
in 43 minutes.

Thank you for your help.

-----
--------