On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I need advice from the community.  The problem
is seen here:

 http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=2049
 http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1989
 http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1841
 http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=McafeeProblem

It appears that McAfee Anti-Virus uses SQLite internally,
and it leaves lots of files in C:/TEMP that contain
SQLite in their names.  This annoys many windows users.
They get on Google and search around for "sqlite" and
find me.  Then they send me private email or call me at
my office or on my cellphone to complain.  Many refuse
to believe that I have nothing to do with the problem
and I am accused of spreading a virus or malware.

My efforts to contact Mcafee about this problem have
been unfruitful.

Does anybody have an suggestions on how I might deal
with this?  Does anybody know how I can get in touch
with an engineer at Mcafee so that we can at least
change the names of the files in future releases?

i think you should hack the source to detect a macafee install and, if
detected, to name all temp files starting with macafee.

alternatively, setup call forwarding to their number.

then they'll call you ;-)

-a
--
my religion is very simple.  my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama