From: RB Smissaert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 December 2006 14:21
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] Dealing with dates in the format yyyymmdd

When moving data from Interbase to SQLite I have to convert integer dates in
the format yyyymmdd to Excel dates. These are integer numbers counting the
days past 31 December 1899. With substr I can make it dd/mm/yyyy (I am in
the UK and that is the normal way to format dates) but the problem is it
will be displayed in Excel like mm/dd/yyyy if that would be a possible date.
This is due to the US date format of Excel.
So, would it be possible in SQLite to make a date format like this:
dd/mmm/yyyy  so that would be 03/dec/2006
This would prevent Excel from putting the month first.
or alternatively make it the Excel integer date format so the above date
would be: 39054

I could handle the date formatting in VBA, but I would like to do as much as
possible in SQLite as it will be faster and it would keep the code neater.
Thanks for any advice.

RBS