Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Önnerby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Fastest way of UPDATE'ing

If you attach both databases I guess you can use the replace-command since the uniqueID exists in both databases.

REPLACE INTO server.table SELECT * FROM client.table;

It would also be helpful to keep a local track of what ID has not been updated on the server yet, so you do not need to update all records:

REPLACE INTO server.table SELECT * FROM client.table WHERE id>[update from ID];

regards
Daniel

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

Greetings!

I have this scenario...

6 users with local dbs
1 network db to backup all those DBs and to share info.

Every local DB unique record id based on the network DB. So, before each user creates a new record, the tool asks the network ID for the next available sequential record and creates a new record on the local DB using that unique id from the network DB.

The question is, what is the fastest way to UPDATE the main DB? Right now, what I am doing is a for each record and UPDATE all the values where id=<uniqueID>. Is there a faster way?

Thanks,

josé