Hello,

I wonder whether there are any plans to include internally proper
Unicode comparisons? Don't get me wrong, I think that it's great that
SQLite supports custom collations, there's absolutely no problem to
handle it in internally for my database, but problem is that if I
define UNICODE collation, no other application knows about it and so
users can't open it in any SQLite DB editor.

Nowadays applications without Unicode support slowly become rare, as I
see, I'm not the first one asking for this kind of support in SQLite.
Is there any technical reason why not to include UNICODE and e.g.
IUNICODE (for case-insensitive comparisons) collations in SQLite? Is
it because of some systems that don't have (full) Unicode support? In
such a case, I guess that it could be a compile-time option.

Thanks,
Jiri