On 6/28/07, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 08:45:23AM -0700,
 Trevor Talbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> >It seems more natural to use the standard C locale names to me (the
> >usual "pt_PT" and "pt_BR" for Portuguese/Portugal culture and
> >Portuguese/Brazil culture) , but I'm open to suggestions when that
> >problem arise, and I'm sure there are already standards we can
> >follow in relation to that.
>
> RFCs 4646 and 4647 cover this convention.

No, "language tags" (specified in RFC 4646) use the dash as a
separator, unlike the POSIX locales. So, it is pt-BR.

Whoops, good catch.  And in a typical identifier, underscore is valid
while dash isn't (due to being an operator).  Ah well, as close as we
can get that makes sense I suppose.

See http://www.langtag.net/

Nice collection of info, thanks.