I've read a few places that it is not possible to change the encoding
of a database once it's created. Is it possible to do it in some
automated way with any of the command line utilities?

I converted a database from SQLite 2.X to 3.X using sqlite.exe's .dump
function and apparently didn't set the encoding correctly as any
non-English text isn't accessible. I think I need to set the encoding
to UTF8 now, though it "just worked" before, so I'm not sure what I
accidentally did right the first time :-)

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

--
- Mitchell Vincent