On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Matthew L. Creech <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Amit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  >   1. Is there any documentation that I may have missed that addresses
>  >  the above issue? If not, there probably should be a wiki page
>  >  regarding this. I could create a wiki page with my notes regarding
>  >  this.
>  >

>  There's:
>
>  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=TheAmalgamation
>
>  But it doesn't address specifics related to the build like this.

I checked to see if the page was editable by the general public and it
is. So should I go ahead and post my notes regarding amalgamation?

>  >   2. Compiling above without the "-lpthread -ldl" results in errors. I
>  >  simply looked at a mailing list post and stumbled upon the above
>  >  commands. Is this the right way to do it?
>
>  Yes.  FYI, as of 3.5.7 the autoconf-based build in the full
>  distribution uses the amalgamation by default when producing the
>  shared library and executables, and the non-autoconf build (if you
>  start by using Makefile.linux-gcc as a template) has targets to do the
>  same.  It links the library itself with "-lpthread -ldl", which is why
>  you don't have to add those lines if you're just linking a program
>  against the shared library - gcc is instructed automatically by
>  libsqlite3.so to link them in.

Ok that is good to know. I will play around with the source
distribution and try to figure out how to get it to work with python
2.5. According to the python 2.5 documentation, to build Python with
sqlite3, I need the libraries plus the header files. Installing the
source distribution installs the header files as well? Or do I need to
copy them to some standard location like /usr/local/include?

Thanks for the quick reply,
Amit