A "position" is politics, not science.  Warnings about the use of
threads are based on science, and advise you to avoid them if possible
for your own protection.

I see ill conceived programs using threads which go to complex
synchronization to achieve the equivalent of single stream execution but
with much greater overhead.  A KISS situation.