On Jun 25, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Ben Atkinson wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2009, at 4:27 PM, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
>
>> What are you trying to install?  The command-line shell?  A shared
>> library?  If the latter, why do you need or want a shared library on
>> your embedded system.  Are aware that the command-line shell is a
>> single stand-alone binary with no dependencies other than libc?
>
> I will be writing a C/C++ program that will use sqlite for data
> storage,
> so I will need the headers and shared library to link sqlite into my
> program.  I also want to use the sqlite executable to examine the
> database from the command line.
>
>> Are you using the amalgamation tarball?  Or the separate source files
>> tarball?
>
> I'm using the amalgamation tarball.

The easiest way to incorporate SQLite into an application is simply to
copy the sqlite3.c and sqlite3.h files into the source tree for your
application and compile them together with all the rest of your source
code.  You can do this either on your host (cross-compiling) or on the
target, as you prefer.

If you use the amalgamation tarball and configure with --disable-
shared, then compile, you will be left with an "sqlite3" executable
which you then simply copy into /usr/bin on your target.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com