On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Fred Williams<f.willi...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Miss the old signature "Tag line" message terminators as well, as most times
> they were much more entertaining than the post they were attached to.

unfortunately, we get either advertisements nowadays

"sent from my <fill in the name of the latest model phone> so please
xcsue teh spelings" -

or a signature twice the length of the message warning us that the
contents of the particular email are confidential and meant only for
the recipient, and if I am not the recipient then I should promptly
destroy the message.

In my view, those who attach such warnings and disclaimers to their
emails should be fired from their jobs for breach of security and
protocol -- "hi, I am sending you a confidential message, but I am
sending it to an entire mailing list that has an unknown number of
unknown folks from around the world subscribing to it, so, if it is
not for you, please delete it."

Seriously. WTF!

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org