On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:23:36AM +0100, Sylvain Pointeau wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Nicolas Williams
> <nicolas.willi...@sun.com>wrote:
> > Now to parallelize this:
> >
> > function par_updates {

> I would be very interested to see some benchmark, just to see.....

Feel free to write the relevant program, schema, SQL statements and run
benchmarks against it.  What performance you get will depend on: what
the long-running processes are doing (are they CPU bound or I/O bound?)
and what CPU or I/O resources you have.

Note: I didn't test par_updates(); I've written that sort of script
many times before, so the gist of it is right.

Nico