Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> I see. I gues I got confused by the help that refers to the parameter as
> 'cmd':

The help shows that a list of TABLE is taken in the same syntax as
SQLite's shell uses.  Also note that the help is formatted for
documenting interactive usage rather than API usage.

> That works, thanks! But why is it *that* slow?

Because it is written in Python and SQLite's is in C.  I've made no
effort to optimise the Python - please send me a sample database and
I'll see what can be done.

Additionally the Python supports more functionality which does have an
effect on speed.  For example you can choose what encoding is used.

Roger