On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 04:04:59PM +0100, Simon Slavin scratched on the wall:

> On 11 Jun 2010, at 2:50pm, Odekirk, Shawn wrote:
>
> > Also, are there any code examples that demonstrate SQLite best
> > practices, including how to correctly handle error conditions, such as
> > the database is locked condition? I have been unable to find complete
> > code examples.
>
> Can I point out that this is yet another person asking for the same
> documentation ?  I don't know enough about SQLite to write it, and
> I would very much like to see someone do so.

  For what it is worth, "Using SQLite" has four or five pages
  specifically dealing with SQLITE_BUSY errors-- both how to avoid them
  and how to correctly handle them.  This section was heavily revised
  in the final editing pass, largely because of the questions on this
  mailing list.

  I can no longer provide a reference, however.  The book has entered
  final production and the online version has been removed from
  O'Reilly's feedback site.

  http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521196/
  http://www.amazon.com/Using-SQLite-Jay-Kreibich/dp/0596521189/

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson