From: Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] New to SQLite and I have a question
To: "General Discussion of SQLite Database" <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Date: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 12:01 PM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010, Bob Keeland wrote:

> Access may not be the best database for my programs, but then again my
> needs are not that great. I just need to search a database and then search
> the results of the first search, then search the results of the second
> search, etc. That sounds simple to me, but I'm an ecologist not a
> professional programmer.

Bob,

   I, too, am an ecologist, but I've been coding applications since 1972. :-)
FORTRAN, C, and now Python.

   I'll suggest a SQL language book as your first purchase. Your description
above suggests that nested sub-queries in the SELECT statement are what you
need to learn.

   Learn SQLite, too, and you won't go wrong as your needs grow.

Rich