From: Jay A. Kreibich <j...@kreibi.ch>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] New to SQLite and I have a question
To: "General Discussion of SQLite Database" <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 10:30 PM

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 06:27:16PM -0700, Bob Keeland scratched on the wall:

> The Definitive Guide to SQLite by Mike Owens

  Good, but older.  Doesn't cover some of the newer features, including
  many of the _v2() interfaces.

  Covers SQL and basic database theory.  Although this spends a little
  time on non-C APIs, VB is not one of the languages that is covered.

  Known for having a sub-standard index.

> Using SQLite by Jay A. Kreibich

  Very new.  Also covers SQL, as well as database design theory, but I
  must admit that it only covers the C APIs.  Very large reference
  section.

  As you might guess, this is a personal favorite.

> The SQL Guide to SQLite by Rick F. van der Lans

  This only covers the SQL language used by SQLite, it does not cover
  the library or APIs.

  I have not had a chance to look at this yet, but my other van der Lans
  books are quite good, and I expect this to be a very good book as well.

   -j

--
Jay A. Kreibich < J A Y  @  K R E I B I.C H >

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson