Hi Ben,

> Just a short message to announce that version 2.0 of Base, our Mac SQLite GUI
> is now available.

The new version looks great. Congrats :-)

> It's a major upgrade, the highlight of which is the ability for the app to
> view, create & alter tables with support for *all* table- and column-level
> constraints.

Neat.

When I choose "Alter Table", it nicely shows the list of columns, but
mistakenly also shows the constraints as if they were columns, with nothing in
the Constraints list. I tested a few schemas, including this one:

create table "Products Detail"
(
        Supplier integer
                not null
                references Suppliers (ID)
                        on delete restrict
                        on update cascade
,       Code text
                not null
                collate nocase
,       Detail text
                not null
                collate nocase
,       primary key (Supplier, Code)
,       foreign key (Supplier, Code)
                references "Products Base" (Supplier, Code)
                        on delete cascade
                        on update cascade
)
;

which shows in Base 2 as:

>> Columns:
>>
>> Name      Type     Constraints
>> Supplier  integer  NF
>> Code      test     NC
>> Detail    text     NC
>> primary   key
>>
>> Constraints:
>>
>> none listed

The "Alter" panel also shows an "Origin" column, which I think only makes sense
in a view.

When saving a changed table, Base seems to try to explicitly save any auto
indexes (which of course fails). For instance, when saving changes to the above
table, Base informed me:

>> There were problems re-creating table indexes. One or more indexes present
>> in the table before modification could not be recreated. Their original SQL
>> is listed below:
>>
>> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "sqlite_autoindex_Products Detail_1" ON "Products
>> Detail" ("Supplier", "Code");

I also failed to save the trigger, but that was probably due to it messing up
the create table columns (eg adding a column called "primary" etc).

> You can read the full announcement (with a link to release notes) here:
> http://menial.co.uk/2011/02/18/base-2-0/

I've updated the details for Base 2.0 on my SQLite GUI comparison page at:
http://www.barefeetware.com/sqlite/compare/?ml

If there are any corrections or additions you'd like, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom
BareFeetWare