Hello,

I have a question about SQLite running on iOS. If I'm not mistaken, SQLite on
iOS is not compiled with R*Tree and FTS3. Compiling a static library of
SQLite's amalgamated version weighs at about 4.3 MB, which represents almost
25% of the 20 MB-per-app allowed on the App Store. For many, this is a major
setback because many apps can easily reach this limit.

My question is: since a "light" version of SQLite is already included in iOS,
would it be too complicated to build a static library with only R*Tree and FTS3
support? The idea being of course that the app would link against iOS' SQLite
and the app's R*Tree/FTS3 library, thus reducing the app's footprint
considerably.

Are there dependencies that would make this attempt a nightmare? Has anyone
gone through this?

Thanks in advance,

-- Tito