> Possibly because SQLite3 supports UTF-8 and UTF-16 rather than ASCII.
>  Assuming you're using the ICU stuff, of course.

Yes, I know that, but I wish to know the reason. Why the authors choose turn
off 8859 rather than keep both like as it was before? Technical reason?

> Exactly.  Though I'm having trouble pointing to a page for the SQLite3 ICU
> stuff at the moment.  Does anyone know if it moved with the docs ?
>
> Simon.
>
> My previous post here it was about the wiki down. I know the ICU extension
and the bloated ICU implementation. Bloated for me. I know that it is the
correct implementation but I don't need to handle all Unicode table and
composite characters or other utf8 eccentricities. Neither I can live
without basic accentuation.

Thanks.