Hello Frank,

I love forums and consider them far superior to email if only because
it's easier to follow a topic with less quoting needed. The downside is
that  someone  has  to  manage the forum. I've managed a forum for the
past  10  years  and there's a daily spam cleanup process and constant
attacks and required upgrades.  You have to set the tone and be pretty
ruthless about flaming too.

I'd like to see a forum. I just wouldn't want to manage it.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 5:32:46 AM, you wrote:

FM> I think that the sqlite-users e-mail list has enough traffic to warrant a
FM> proper forum.

FM> Has this been considered?

FM> A proper forum also can contain several subject forums, e.g.

FM> USER FORUMS:

FM> Announcements

FM> General

FM> Help with SQL

FM> News

FM> DEVELOPERS CORNER:

FM> News

FM> General

FM> OS specific

FM> .

FM> There is a quite widespread, free Forum software that could be used:

FM> http://www.simplemachines.org/

FM> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Machines_Forum

FM> They support MySQL, SQLite and PostgreSQL as the underlying database.

FM> Well, just a thought.

FM> /Frank Missel

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:t...@djii.com