On 19/03/2012 12:07 PM, TAUZIN Mathieu wrote:
Thanks for your support !

SQL Ansi<http://savage.net.au/SQL/sql-99.bnf.html#qualified%20join>  (and every major DB
SqlServer<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms177634(v=sql.90).aspx>,
Oracle<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B13789_01/server.101/b10759/statements_10002.htm>)
supports this syntax as described in SQLite documentation.

The parenthesis are here to enforce the priority of the joins.
FYI, sqlite3 does not respect parentheses as a way of enforcing join orders. If you want to bypass the optimizer, the accepted way (as with postgres, I believe) is to use a CROSS JOIN rather than the default [INNER] JOIN. You may want to test whether the above-mentioned engines actually respect parentheses for join ordering.

Whether the parenthesis as used should or should not introduce a scope, I'm not prepared to make any claims about...

Ryan