On 13 Mar 2013, at 3:39pm, Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Ercan Özdemir <eozdemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> However, does every developer have to write or change his code like this?
>>

> Indeed, it's whoever wrote that SQLite3.Open() .NET wrapper on top of the
> C-API that's responsible from doing proper conversion from that .NET string
> to a UTF-8 (or UTF-16) encoded native C string (i.e. const char[] in
> UTF-8's case), and not the .NET clients of that API. --DD

Agreed.  I don't know what the convention is for handling strings in .NET.  If
it is that every string can be in any codepage, then the SQLite library for
.NET should be handing the conversion.

Of course, codepages are only a problem on Windows platforms anyway.
Everything else uses either straight ASCII or straight Unicode and since SQLite
handles both of those correctly it's the .NET component that's broken.

Simon.