On 27 Aug 2013, at 5:15am, techi eth <techi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For read operation i am doing _prepare(), _step(), _finalize().
> For all other operation i am doing _exec().
>
> Do you see any issue ?

Nothing obvious from what I already know apart from the fact that you don't
mention setting a timeout:

<http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/busy_timeout.html>
<http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_busy_timeout>

Without that, a process getting a lock won't back off and retry, it'll just
immediately return an error.  Which is almost never what people want.  You
would probably be better off setting this to 5 seconds or something.

I suspect that the process which is getting the lock is fine and that it's the
other process which is keeping the file locked.

Are you checking the return codes from /all/ your SQLite calls in other
processes ?  The code you included doesn't seem to do that but I thought that
might be pseudocode.

Simon.