On 2014/02/10 20:31, Petite Abeille wrote:
On Feb 10, 2014, at 4:23 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

Proposed Change To Address The Problem:
What’s the problem exactly? CS101 students distress? That’s way beyond SQLite
reach.

My 2¢: don’t create a default persistent database. This is not helpful to
anyone.

I agree 100% on both points, except to say that if a simple change can be found that do not alter the function but can make it work better for everyone, then it would be a crime not to implement.

I quite like another poster's idea, Change nothing, but warn when starting sqlite3.exe, not when quitting. An easy function to commit an in-memory DB to disk will be great too, though I believe .backup can do this already (though another suggestion to alias it to .save have merit). None of this will break current implementations or scripts.