On 10 Feb 2014, at 5:57pm, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM, <to...@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> I second the idea of a kind of "WARNING: All your work will be lost, are
>> you sure you want to quit? (y/N)" on trying to exit, but *ONLY* if the
>> application was started by (double-)clicking on it, otherwise the warning
>> will be a nuisance when running test scripts.
>
> I think I know how to detect a double-click launch versus a command-line
> launch on windows.  But I don't know how to do this, or even if it is
> possible to do, on Mac or Linux.  Anybody have any ideas?

I don't think it's possible on a Mac for a command-line application.  The
changes you make for double-click command line are stored in something
(info.plist) which isn't included when your product is the single executable
file.

I don't like the idea anyway.  There should be no difference between
double-clicking on an app and starting it by typing its name.

Simon.