Hi Simon,,

Happy to provide you with answers...Answers Inline...

One thing i would like to know is does the VACUUM command uses C: drive space
or the drive where my application is running...It seems like it requires C:
drive to have enough space.

On Thursday, 17 July 2014 2:14 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

On 17 Jul 2014, at 10:03pm, veeresh kumar <veeru...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I did google aswell :-)...I did set PRAGMA temp_store = 1 (PRAGMA temp_store
> = FILE). But it did not help. I get SQLITE_NOMEM error message.

What version of SQLite are you using ?  The simplest way is probably to tell us
the result of "sqlite_version()" give by your own application.

Veeresh: Sqlite Version 3.8.4.3

Are you using any PRAGMAs at all in your code ?  In other words, can we assume
that all PRAGMAs are set to their defaults ?

Veeresh: Yes, we are using PRAGMA and
all PRAGMA are set to default except PRAGMA temp_store which is set to 1

If you open your database in the SQLite shell tool and execute "PRAGMA
integrity_check;" on it, do you get an error ?

If you open your database in the SQLite shell tool and execute "VACUUM;" on it,
do you still get an error ?

> Its not a space issue as I do have enough space in the hard drive.

Just to make this clear, do you have at least three times as much free space on
your hard drive as the size of the database ?

Veeresh: The application runs on Windows

Earlier I was running the application on another machine where C: drive was
having less space (like 1 GB) and D Drive had (20 GB free space) and the VACUUM
failed there.

Now I am running the the application on D: Drive (it has 841 GB free
 space) and C: drive has space (333 GB free). It looks like VACUUM uses
C:drive space ??? Also command seems to be working fine...

I am sorry for these detailed questions which may seem to be attacking you, but
we have run out of obvious causes for this problem and are trying to check all
the unlikely things.

Simon.