On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 17:48 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> That looks really promising; thanks for all this work.
>
> Tristan, you have a comprehensive set of benchmarks for Evolution's
> addressbook; is it possible for someone else to run those or would it
> take more of your time to babysit than it would to run them yourself?

I was able to get these benchmarks running, and compared the 3.8.7
snapshot against the version of 3.8.6 which is shipped in Fedora 20.

Results temporarily at http://westmere.infradead.org/charts/sqlite387/

This isn't a perfect comparison since the Fedora package is built from
sqlite-src-3080600.zip and the equivalent source for the 3.8.7 alpha
didn't seem to be available. But it was built as a shared library using
the same configuration and compiler flags, and the benchmark compares
identical code running against both the 3.8.6 and 3.8.7 libraries.

I haven't done any real analysis other than looking at the pretty
pictures, but certainly nothing seems to go slower (or break), and there
are some noticeable improvements on some of the benchmarks
(filter-by-long-full-name-suffix.png,
filter-by-short-full-name-suffix.png, filter-containing-full-name.png,
filter-containing-given-name.png, filter-containing-phone-number.png).

--
dwmw2